I have an exchange server with exchange 2003 running on server 2000. This has been up and running for about 4 years. For the last 2 days all out going email has stopped working. The workstations are receiving the following messages:The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
xNTxOxY.xAMxS@HxxUxxLY.COM on 1/25/2008 10:44 AM
Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. Please retry or contact your administrator.
(some characters omitted of course)
Now some of the things I have checked are:
1. SMTP service is running.
2. If I nslookup godaddy.com with set type=mx I get "smtp.secureserver.net" (good so far)
3. If I telnet smtp.secureserver.net on port 25 I get 220 (good up until here also)
4. I made sure ports 25 / 110 were not blocked on the router.
5. The server is setup as 192.168.1.10 and then an external dns server (opendns.com)
6. Checked spamhaus.org for blacklisting everything is clean
This has me really stumped and I cant seem to figure it out, this all of a sudden quit working. Am I missing something???