We want to build an offline desktop application. I have no clue as where to start.
The application will need to accept user entry data, store it on the local machine and display data that is stored in a locally(on the client machine).
The application will be used by Sales reps.
1. They would go to their clients
2. They would create a new entry for every client that they go to using this application.
3. They would ask a series of questions from a question set to the clients. The answers are either yes or no
4. The results will need to be stored locally on the sales rep machine.
5. Based on the points scored in the survey/question list, it will generate certain possible answers
All this will have be to be handled offline without an internet connection. The application is currently scoped to be built on a PC. We can decide what technology we need to use.
What is a good technology to build an application like this? Are there off the shelf products that can help facilitate a build like this?
Any concrete leads will helpful.
Tx in advance