How To Retrieve Quicken 2002 Data From Old Hard Drive
Posted on 2008-01-26
The Windows XP Home PC I was running Quicken 2002 on died: the motherboard overheated and became unusable but the hard drives are ok. I need to retrieve my Quicken 2002 data from the old C drive onto my new machine.
Here's what I've tried so far:
- I tried the simplest thing first - taking the entire QUICKENW program folder from the old C drive and copying to the Program Files folder on the new machine.
- Quicken would not start, so I installed a fresh copy over the top using the original CD
- Started ok but assumed I was a new user so I had to fill out the personal profile info
- When I got to the main screen there was none of my data to be seen
- I copied the four QDATA files from the original C drive and put them into the new one
- On restarting Quicken some of my old data was there, but it's very old
- I again tried copying the entire original QUICKENW folder over the top of the new one
- On restarting it was still the very old data
Now, as I have the old C drive all still intact, I would assume (hopefully) that all my data is still there...somewhere - I would just like to know how to get at it.
I was wondering if there's anything buried in the original registry that needs to come across as well, and if that's the case I'm not entirely sure as to how to do it.
Any suggestions please (apart from the obvious 'Take more regular backups you idiot!')?