I am a total newbie of Exchange Server 2007, now my company want to buy one single server with the Standard Edition. But I am no experience of setting it up after installed successful. since I discovered the interface is not user friends for newbie.
I had network network knowledge like IP, DNS MX etc. and had experience setting up mail server by hMailServer, MDamoin etc.
Let me introduce my network now,
1. We have a single Exchange Server 2007 installed, and it have Hub, Mailbox, UM, client access role, since we only single server, so can not install the Edge Tran. Server Role that the Microsoft Document said can using e-mail rewrite feature ... so now I am lost the way on how to using a single Exchange Server to service multi- user (One user will have at least three domain SMTP address, but we just one AD ...), multi-domain that support e-mail SMTP address rewrite. I need a detail steb by step with example help by EE's Experts.
2. Our DNS Server are using the ISP one, that had added a MX Record and IP point to our Exchange (LAyer 2 DMZ with Public on this Server and setup okay on the firewall)
3. Our AD is "connectlandcomputer.com"
4. We have many domain, I just give three for EE's Experts to help me make the step by step example for me, they are "sellthegun.com", "colorprint.org", "designcard.com"
5. I had maked some user account on the AD already, like
But above user also have the e-mail address that printed on their name card for different target customers like
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
And since the CAL is expensive, so my company give above user to received all e-mail, i.e.
email@example.com will received all other three or more domain by one AD account, not by menson, menson01, menson02 etc, by using this way need 3 CAL for the same user .... too expensive for SME Business.
firstname.lastname@example.org (Menson using this account to login to the OWA) <--- email@example.com (Other outside send to this address)
firstname.lastname@example.org <--- email@example.com
It is mean the domain "connectlandcomputer.com" will be using for login with OWA, not for public or give other know this is a SMTP Address, we just want other Public user by using the other three domain on this case like above for communication using.
And can let the user using MS Outlook / OWA can choose using which domain to be the reply address for outside
So I need the e-mail address rewrite function that can work with above case, but I don't know how to do it and how to setting Exchange Server that can send and received above all domain's e-mail.
Thank you very much.