Activesync 4.5 will not create partnership with Windows Mobile 6 PDA
Posted on 2008-01-30
- I recently re-installed Activesync 4.5 on my PC running XP SP2.
- After the re-install, Activesync would not create a partnership with my PDA running WM6.
- The partnership wizard does not start!
- I don't get any error message; in fact nothing happens, except that the PDA connects as a "guest", so I am able to browse files and install software but not actually sync.
- I have tried: disabling Windows Firewall; disabling Avast! anti-virus; checking that all connection protocols are enabled in the "network connections" control panel; re-installing Activesync again; and finally I got the same error on another PC.