am in need of your advise please.
Our Domain Name has changed to
Kitsap-humane.org, the reason for this is the owner of the domain name
Kitsaphumane.org has moved the domain and will not give us access to it.
So of course we have lost our website and email.
we have already registerd our new domain
We now must do the DCs here. Of course the easy way is not available
Which is the 2003 Rename tool because we have the DC 2000 server. GREAT!
My plan of action is as follows please advise if you have another solution
What we must do:
1. Backup the Entire Domain
2. Setup KHSDOMAIN2 As the main DC GC
3. Remove KHSDOMAIN DC
4. Give Authority to KHSDOMAIN2
5. Promote KHSDOMAIN3 To Global Catalog Server
6. Retire KHSDOMAIN
Then I can start on the Domain Rename which requires
1. Generate Current Forest
2. Specify new Forest
3. Generate Domain Name instruction
4. Push Domain Name Instruction to all DC
5. Verify Readiness Of DC
6. Execute Domain rename
7. Unfreeze the Forest Config
8. Reestablish External Trusts
9. Fix DFS Topology
10. Fix GPO
11. Prepare URL For CDP
12. Update DC Certificates
13. Change User Identity
14. Restart Member Computers