I'm looking for the following tool (or something similar)
1. A user wants to send a large (100 MB) document to one of my clients. The size restrictions on my client's third-party Exchange accounts preclude an email attachment.
2. Instead, a receptionist at my client's office instructs the user to a page on my client's website. On the page, there's a "Download File" link. (A link on a third-party website is acceptable as well.)
3. The user clicks the link and is prompted for a password.
4. If the correct password is entered, a Windows Explorer-style browser opens up with which the user locates the 100 MB file on their local machine or on their LAN.
5. They select the file, and the tool automatically uploads it to an FTP site. (I can set up the user to have no read permissions on the site.)
6. A receptionist in my client's office downloads the file from the FTP site. After downloading the file, the receptionist deletes it from the FTP site. (I set her up with full permissions on the FTP site.)
Here's the key, the tool must be SIMPLE. Filezilla or even Windows Explorer are not options. The steps required of the user must be minimal.