I am quite novice in the Cisco arena so these questions should be fairly simple. I am building a home lab for Exchange 2007/ ISA 2006 using ESX. I am comfortable with most MS/ESX technology, but I would like to work more with Cisco. Below are some questions about an ASA that I would like to be the external facing firewall for my home lab. There is much I want to do with the lab but most importantly is that the Exchange lab will be able to send/receive internet mail.
1. I will have multiple external facing servers, as well as internal. Will this ASA handle reverse NAT (or PAT is it called?) to multiple devices/servers? For example, I want mail to flow through my Exchange Edge for spam filtering, but my OWA and RPC/HTTPs through my ISA server.
2. Looking at the specs it looks like it comes with VPN capabilities. Will this work out of the box, or do I need licenses for more 1 person only?
3. Will I need a client for VPN connection?
4. I have other Cisco hardware that I recently purchased (2 X 2600 series routers, 1 X 2950 switch). Can I easily integrate this hardware to the ASA if need be in the future?
5. Can i easily segment my internal network into DMZs with this product, or would that take some custom configuration?
Thank you in advance for your time and effort.