I'm trying to add an ISAPI filter on my Vista ultimate box because I would like to run applications
build on .NET 1.1. Currently, my server is correctly configured to run 2.0 applications.
Once I add the isapi filter, I get the following error on all of my sites, but if I remove it everything is ok.
Here is the error:
Server Error in Application "yes/yescyprus"
HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error
Description: Calling GetProcAddress on ISAPI filter "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\
Error Code: 0x8007007f
Module: IIS Web Core
Requested URL: http://localhost:80/yescyprus/Default.aspx
Physical Path: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\assYesC
Logon User: Not yet determined
Logon Method: Not yet determined
Most likely causes:
* The ISAPI Filter has dependencies that are not available on the Web server.
* IIS received the request; however, an internal error occurred during the processing of the request. The root cause of this error depends on which module handles the request and what was happening in the worker process when this error occurred.
* IIS was not able to access the web.config file for the Web site or application. This can occur if the NTFS permissions are set incorrectly.
* IIS was not able to process configuration for the Web site or application.
* The authenticated user does not have permission to use this DLL.
What you can try:
* Try running Reskit tool "depends" on the ISAPI DLL.
* Ensure that the NTFS permissions for the web.config file are correct and allow access to the Web server's machine account.
* Check the event logs to see if any additional information was logged.
* Verify the permissions for the DLL.
* Create a tracing rule to track failed requests for this HTTP status code. For more information about creating a tracing rule for failed requests, click here.
More Information... This error means that there was a problem while processing the request. The request was received by the Web server, but during processing a fatal error occurred, causing the 500 error.
Microsoft Knowledge Base Articles:
Server Version Information: Internet Information Services 7.0.