[Webinar] Streamline your web hosting managementRegister Today


Logging file moves and deletes in 2003 server.

Posted on 2008-02-02
Medium Priority
Last Modified: 2010-04-18
Need to set this up by monday morning.

I need to be able to log or notify someone when a file or folder is moved or deleted. I have never tried to log anything like this and I am not sure if it is even possible. I will be looking in to it over the weekend myself but any help would be appreciated.

My users have too many rights the the files and are constantly moving (losing) and deleting them. My company will not let me tighten down security to where this is not a problem. We have 250 gig of data that all users have all but full access to. Not a good situation i know but this is what I have to work with.
Question by:jimmylew52
1 Comment
LVL 11

Accepted Solution

Jon Winterburn earned 2000 total points
ID: 20805114

Featured Post

Get your problem seen by more experts

Be seen. Boost your question’s priority for more expert views and faster solutions

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

So you have two Windows Servers and you have a directory/folder/files on one that you'd like to mirror to the other?  You don't really want to deal with DFS or a 3rd party solution like Doubletake. You can use Robocopy from the Windows Server 200…
A quick step-by-step overview of installing and configuring Carbonite Server Backup.
Kernel Data Recovery is a renowned Data Recovery solution provider which offers wide range of softwares for both enterprise and home users with its cost-effective solutions. Let's have a quick overview of the journey and data recovery tools range he…
In this video I will demonstrate how to set up Nine, which I now consider the best alternative email app to Touchdown.
Suggested Courses

607 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question