?
Solved

Windows 2003 Recovery Console Password

Posted on 2008-02-03
10
Medium Priority
?
887 Views
Last Modified: 2008-03-06
Hi guys hope you are well.
I have a system that I need to get into the Windows 2003 Recovery console.
The issue is that I need to recover this password in order to use it.
Any ideas here greatly appreciated thank you.

:>)
0
Comment
Question by:Simon336697
  • 3
  • 2
  • 2
  • +2
10 Comments
 
LVL 21

Expert Comment

by:briancassin
ID: 20811282
this should help you many links and information

http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm
0
 
LVL 70

Assisted Solution

by:KCTS
KCTS earned 300 total points
ID: 20811289
0
 
LVL 30

Expert Comment

by:ded9
ID: 20811337
Hi,

There is no password for recovery console. just hit enter when it asks for password.


Ded9
0
Never miss a deadline with monday.com

The revolutionary project management tool is here!   Plan visually with a single glance and make sure your projects get done.

 
LVL 97

Accepted Solution

by:
Lee W, MVP earned 700 total points
ID: 20811358
Ded9 is mistaken - the recovery console password is the original administrator account password - his/her network might not use an administrator password, but it's a best practice to do so.

That said, you don't really need it - just use another boot method - for example, I'd recommend using BartPE (or the Ultimate Boot CD for Windows, which is based on BartPE).

0
 
LVL 30

Assisted Solution

by:ded9
ded9 earned 500 total points
ID: 20811794
Hi,

The reason why recovery console is used if you are not able to boot in any of the modes. From recovery console you do  a lot of things to fix the computer.

There is 4% chance that it might ask for the password. But 96% you just need to hit enter to get in recovery console.

I have personally tried that and i know it works.




Ded9
0
 
LVL 21

Assisted Solution

by:briancassin
briancassin earned 500 total points
ID: 20812549
KCTS,

you repeated what I already posted in that link. Do you mind not repeating what other experts have already posted ?
0
 
LVL 97

Expert Comment

by:Lee W, MVP
ID: 20812611
Brian - there's a two minute difference between posts - perhaps he had not yet seen yours.  I normally dislike such behavior as well, however when the posting are so close together, I always give the benefit of the doubt.
0
 
LVL 21

Expert Comment

by:briancassin
ID: 20812630
My mistake I thought the posting time was of a greater difference, I had multiple windows open at the same time.
0
 
LVL 1

Author Comment

by:Simon336697
ID: 20848606
Hi briancassin, leew, ded9!

Sorry for the delay guys in assigning points.
I really appreciate all your guys' help.
Thank you so much :>)
0
 
LVL 1

Author Comment

by:Simon336697
ID: 20848607
And KCTS (sorry :>)
0

Featured Post

The new generation of project management tools

With monday.com’s project management tool, you can see what everyone on your team is working in a single glance. Its intuitive dashboards are customizable, so you can create systems that work for you.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

VM backup deduplication is a method of reducing the amount of storage space needed to save VM backups. In most organizations, VMs contain many duplicate copies of data, such as VMs deployed from the same template, VMs with the same OS, or VMs that h…
Among the most obnoxious of Exchange errors is error 1216 – Attached Database Mismatch error of the Jet Database Engine. When faced with this error, users may have to suffer from mailbox inaccessibility and in worst situations, permanent data loss.
This tutorial will show how to configure a new Backup Exec 2012 server and move an existing database to that server with the use of the BEUtility. Install Backup Exec 2012 on the new server and apply all of the latest hotfixes and service packs. The…
This tutorial will walk an individual through the process of installing the necessary services and then configuring a Windows Server 2012 system as an iSCSI target. To install the necessary roles, go to Server Manager, and select Add Roles and Featu…
Suggested Courses

593 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question