"Register the components in GAC" and referencing them ...
Posted on 2008-02-03
I have created a component (MyFirstComponent) in Visual Basic.NET 2008. I have done the following steps to register the component:
1. gacutil /i MyFirstComponent.dll
2. Start -> Run -> RegEdit
3. MyComputer -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Microsoft -> .NET FrameWork -> Assembly Folders
4. Right Click on Assembly Folders ( New -> Key )
5. Give the name as "My Assembly"
6. Double click on "Default"
7. In the Edit String give the following
8. Value Data = C:\Windows\Assembly\GAC\MyFirstComponent\Version__Public Key
Now when i am trying to reference it in TestHarness application, in .NET tab, i have NOT found my assembly to reference. Can you please specify where i am missing ?