On our production site we have an ASP.Net 1.1 website
In preparation to roll out a new version (that uses 2.0) we installed .Net 2.0 on that machine. Immediately .Net 1.1 site stopped working with error:
Unrecognized attribute 'requirePermission' (C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\
ig line 14)
I've seen a lot of ideas on the net but none that seem to fit. This website is at the top level so it's not contained in any other virtual folder.
If I go into the IIS admin and set it to run as ASP.NET version 2.0 then set it back to 1.1 and hit OK, that fixes it - but it's always broken again the next morning and I have to do it again. I suspect that's due to the application pool rebooting the .Net worker process.
One odd thing I see is if I view the properties of the top-level "Web Sites" folder in IISAdmin it says it's running ASP.NET 1.1 but it points to a config file in the 2.0 directory. See attached
I'm guessing if I fix this inconsistency I might fix the problem but am unsure how to proceed.