SSIS Package problem access Web Service

Posted on 2008-02-04
Medium Priority
Last Modified: 2013-11-19
we are calling a web service and getting the following error 'The input Web Services Description Language (WSDL) file is not valid' We work fine in our QA environment, but not in production.
Question by:mwrye
  • 3
  • 2
LVL 23

Expert Comment

by:Siva Prasanna Kumar
ID: 20828303
I some how feel the URl pointing the WSDL file is wrong, check the WSDL by Trying to opening that WSDL URL in any web browser see if it is able to get the WSDL in the first place.

Author Comment

ID: 20832361
Hi shivaspk.  I am on the DB side of things and while I have used the SSIS piece - I haven't really set up Web Services before and am not overly familiar with WSDL.

I can go to the WSDL and open in IE and see the internal workings and even get the webpiece in the code to work.  (Is taht what you were wanting me to do?)

I know that a URI is a Unique Resource Identifier but where in my package would I find that link?  

You should also know that some testing has shown that moving the WSDL to the C:\ in tests on other machines did indeed work so I think you are on the correct trail of it being the pointer.

Sorry for being slow about this.  There were others involved in creating this case who know more but they aren't currently available.

LVL 23

Expert Comment

by:Siva Prasanna Kumar
ID: 20836767
Oh sorry I am a java j2ee Developer with good web service background :) so have just the bare overview of SQL server.

see if this links are helpful.




Author Comment

ID: 21019753
Thanks for trying to help me on this.  No one seemed to be able to give me the answer.  We actually wound up calling MS and even they didn't answer it.  We did find the problem though.  It was the DTC settings on the new server.  We set those to No Authentication and it worked.

Accepted Solution

mwrye earned 0 total points
ID: 22745033
For anyone who sees this solution and is having the same problem here is what we found out was wrong:

The issue related to the setup of the DTC (Distributed Transaction).  We had to call Microsoft directly to figure this out and even then it wsa touch and go.  I recommend that you start with the DTC configuration.

Featured Post

Receive 1:1 tech help

Solve your biggest tech problems alongside global tech experts with 1:1 help.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Introduction Since I wrote the original article about Handling Date and Time in PHP and MySQL several years ago, it seemed like now was a good time to update it for object-oriented PHP.  This article does that, replacing as much as possible the pr…
Use this article to create a batch file to backup a Microsoft SQL Server database to a Windows folder.  The folder can be on the local hard drive or on a network share.  This batch file will query the SQL server to get the current date & time and wi…
Viewers will learn one way to get user input in Java. Introduce the Scanner object: Declare the variable that stores the user input: An example prompting the user for input: Methods you need to invoke in order to properly get  user input:
The viewer will receive an overview of the basics of CSS showing inline styles. In the head tags set up your style tags: (CODE) Reference the nav tag and set your properties.: (CODE) Set the reference for the UL element and styles for it to ensu…
Suggested Courses

599 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question