I have a sony PCV-w600g all-in-one desktop that is giving me fits. It won't boot. It freezes at various time during the boot up. The following are where the system freezes up in no particular order as it is random when the computer locks up
- nothing on the screen and I get a long beep, 2 short beeps, then continious beeping
- on the bios screen with no of the PnP info
- on the bios screen with some of the PnP info but before I can get to the bios set up
- on the bios screen with the bios set up option visible
- after I select bios set up as soon as I tab over to boot options
- after I accept changes on the bios settings
- on he windows error message screen that gives the option of booting in safe mode, etc
- while the windows XP screen is loading.
- anywhere in between the above listed spots.
I have checked the RAM and it is good. The problem is that it is so random I am having trouble narrowing down the posible culprits. I am leaning toward the video card (SiS 651 32MB) but I just don't know.