I have a HP ProLiant ML350 Generation 3 (G3) Server, Windows 2003, HP 641 Array Controller, and I installed an scsi card 29320A-R, because I bought a Sans Digital - MR5CT1 - MobileRAID 5-Bay USB, 1394b & eSATA to SATA II HDD RAID 6 External RAID Enclosure.
In the BIOS boot options I have the following boot order:
1) PCI slot 2 HP Smart Array 641 Controller
2) PCI Embedded Compaq Integrated PCI IDE Controller
3) PCI Embedded Compaq 64 bit Dual Wide Ultra3 SCSI adapter Port 2
4) PCI Embedded Compaq 64 bit Dual Wide Ultra3 SCSI adapter Port 1
5) PCI slot 1 SCSI Mass Storage Controller.
What I am trying to figure it out is if I have this order in the boot menu, why every time that I am rebooting my server it appears that is trying to boot from the external HD instead of the internal, looking for the operating system and looking for a DHCP:??? And when I unplug it the scsi cable to the server from the external hd it boots fine.....I am trying to understand what I am doing wrong??
Also I am getting the following an error with the two options ( with the external hd plugged in the server and with the external hd unplugg it to the server) " No SCSI BOOT Device Found"...
Is there any ideas to help me find what I missing????