We have a Windows 2003 Member Server that hangs at logon for about 5 minutes at "Applying Computer Settings"
We have been working with MS to no avail.
What we have tried so far is the following:
1. Booting into Safe Mode, going into MSConfig,.and removing everything except the bare minimum that is require for bootup and then rebooting into normal mode. No effect. Stil hanges at "Applying personal settings".
2. We have run MS Port Query tool on both the member server and it's domain controller. All ports appear to be open. I can post results if needed.
3. About a billion other things that this entire website does not have the bandwidth to contain. :0) Seriously, just a myriad of normal troubleshooting strategies were tried. All over the net looking for solutions.
4. Checked DNS. Appears to be working fine. The system can resolve anything in DNS and itself.
5. I will add anything else we do as we do it.