I will first give you some details on my architecture before presenting the problem :
- 4 Server - 2 Domain Controler - 2 Exchanges (Backend + Frontend), all in Windows 2003 SP2
- Both Exchange are in SP2
- Both domain controler and BE Exchange are on the same subnet, FE Exchange server is in a Public DMZ
- BE Exchange server is registered in our DNS Server (I will call this server BE.domain.local)
- FE Exchange is our public domain mail exchanger (I will call this server mail1.publicdomain.com), and is know in our internal DNS with it own name (FE.domain.local), IP address are the same for mail1.publicdomain.com and FE.domain.local.
My problem is than i'am not abble to access to my frontend server using OWA.
Now, I will explain different test I did, and what is working fine :
- I can get incoming message, and send message to address firstname.lastname@example.org
- I can access to OWA from internal computer using http://BE.domain.local/exchange
- I can access from other subnet subnet to OWA using http://BE.domain.local/exchange
- I cannot access to OWA from outside using https://mail1.publicdomain.com/exchange
=> I got the certificate and I have the indentification formular, but after authentification I got an http error 500
- I have tested access to http://BE.domain.local/exchange
, and it is not working, I got the authentification asking, and then page is not abble to be opened.
- I have tested telnet BE.domain.local 80 => Working fine
- I have tested access http://BE.domain.local/exchange
from another computer in the same DMZ than FE Server => Working fine
Then, does anyone have any idea on what is the problem ? And any idea how to resolve it ?