I have a SBS 2003 server (SP2) that is having problems receiving email. This has been working for months and yesterday it stopped receiving emails from its pop3 server which is mail.groundlevelservices.co.uk.
They can however send emails. On the server I cannot telnet mail.groundlevelservices.co.uk on port 110 but I can telnet other pop3 servers like mail.eclipse.co.uk so its not a port issue.
I have added another POP3 email account from a different pop3 server which can send and receive emails so I know that exchange itself is OK.
I think this maybe a dns issue but I am not sure how to diagnose. The server is called GL server and is a domain called groundlevelservices.local.
I have set the pop3 manager to create a maximum detail log. I am getting errors 1036 and 1023.