[Webinar] Streamline your web hosting managementRegister Today

x
  • Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 8683
  • Last Modified:

Outlook 2003 Client giving Conflicting Edits have been made errors

Here are the Paticulars:
CEO of Company with a Nokia 9300 syncing via OTA using Blackberry Connect
Desktop Client is Outlook 2003 running in cached mode with Exchange 2007 Backend
Admin Assistant has "Send As" rights to mailbox and does send on Behalf as well as view/reply CEO's Email.

Issue is isolated to this 1 user, there are no other issues reported like this from any other user in the company.

CEO has recieved 2 Conflict messages recently when reading 2 different emails.

From:*******
Date:********
To:*******
Subject: Conflict Message: Read: "Subject line inserted here"

Conflict Message: Conflicting edits have been made to the same item. To resolve this conflict, select the item in the list below you wish to keep and then chose "Keep this Item", or choose "Keep All" to preserve all versions.

I have spent 2 work days now going through Google and this Awesome Vault of knowledge of a web site, so now I turn to you guys to see if anyone has some suggestions.

I have tried the following already:
Rename and rebuild the .OST file
I am leaning toward an issue between the Nokia PDA and something not syncing correctly or a "blip" if you will at the moment these two paticular emails were being viewed or edited.
0
carywhitt
Asked:
carywhitt
1 Solution
 
5t34lth_G33kCommented:
Disable cached mode for Outlook? That can sometimes cause issues with reconciliation with Blackberrys. Also (im not familiar with Blackberry Connect), try lookingat the reconciliation options for it - for Blackberry, you can select which device wins when a conflict is detected and where to delete items when they are deleted
0
 
carywhittAuthor Commented:
That didnt appear to work, disabling cached mode
0
 
planbsupportCommented:
0
 
PeterHingCommented:
I have exactly the same problem but with Exchange 2003. It only happens to 1 client, everyone else seems to be fine. I have already deleted the OST file and Blackberry account, then re-created both, but the problem returned 2 days later.

This article best describes the problem, but the VB code they've provided doesn't seem to work (I get an error at line 5).  The link takes you to Google Cache as it doesn't appear to be available anymore:

http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:gqv1ol12vCAJ:www.outlookexchange.com/articles/russiuliano/sumatra_article_3.asp

I'm sure there must be a fix out there somewhere :-(
0
 
carywhittAuthor Commented:
The problem never seemed to resurface past the one original email that generated it. I was not able to resolve the problem given any of the advise posted, that is not to say the posted advise may not work for someone else.
0

Featured Post

Free tool for managing users' photos in Office 365

Easily upload multiple users’ photos to Office 365. Manage them with an intuitive GUI and use handy built-in cropping and resizing options. Link photos with users based on Azure AD attributes. Free tool!

Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now