Streamreader Codepage Problems
Posted on 2008-02-08
I'm having some problems with a text file i have received from a customer, that I need to load into a dataset with a Streamreader.
I have tried to use the Encoding object, but the streamreader still doesn't read special characters correctly.
If i open the textfile in Notepad and save it as Unicode, it does not seem to matter which Encoding i tell the streamreader to use, it comes in correctly regardless.
If i do not change the file in notepad, the same scenario applies, it does not seem to matter which encoding i use, it still comes in WRONG ! :(
Please excuse my ignorance, this is my first try with codepages and encoding, and im under deadline pressure. Sorry for lack of any important info, please ask me what need to be asked.
Thanks 1.000.000 in advance !