Question about License

Hello experts,

I have a question about how I need to license a program I am creating. Most (90% of more) of the code in my program is original but the remaining 10% is from components or libraries released under the Mozilla Public License v1.1

This program will be free in that I will not be charging any money for it but I would still like to keep my original code out of the public domain  while at the same time fulfilling the requirements of the MPL by giving the end user access to the MPL covered code so my question is really HOW do I do this.

Do I simply include a copy of the MPL in my program and include a link to the authors of the MPL coverd code in my programs about box or is there more to it then that.  Also, how do I word it in my programs about box so the end user knows portions of the code or MPL and others are not. WIll something like this do.

"Portions of this program are covered under the Mozilla Public License V1.1. The rest is Copyright (C) 2008 <authors name or company name here>" All Rights Reserved...

Finally what license should I use for the code I have personally written so I can protect my intellectual copyrights and the closed sourced nature of my own code.

BTW, I have already looked at the MPL FAQ and it has not really helped me clear any of this up so please do not just point me to that. All I need is some easy to understand yes or no type answers so I know how to license my program.

Thanks,
Blue
blue220Asked:
Who is Participating?
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

blue220Author Commented:
Soo is this a difficult question then ???
0

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Programming

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.