SBS Performance reports sends report and displays as MIME not as HTML

I have had SBS 2003 installed for over a year, and get Performance reports emailed to myself every morning, but recently they are not being shown as HTML. They are shown as:

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01C86C8E.4C266680
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
        boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0001_01C86C8E.4C28D780"


------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C86C8E.4C28D780
Content-Type: text/plain;
        charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
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Previously they would show as HTML and I could click through them.
agdickinsonAsked:
Who is Participating?

[Webinar] Streamline your web hosting managementRegister Today

x
 
agdickinsonConnect With a Mentor Author Commented:
One additional not is that I restarted the 'Default SMTP Virtual Server' on Sunday, and obviously looks like this was the cause of the problem. This happened last year in April 2007 according to my logs, but I have no idea why it stopped and then started working again.

It's not really a problem as I can view Server Performance Reports by remote desktoping into the server, but it should work.

I've checked the event log, and there was a problem with:

The Open Procedure for service "PSched" in DLL "C:\WINDOWS\system32\pschdprf.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The Status code returned is the first DWORD in the attached data.

But I don't know if this is a 'red herring'
0
 
server_roomCommented:
I had this same issue. Restarting the 'Default SMTP Virtual Server' seems to have fixed the issue for me as well.
0
 
server_roomCommented:
The issue above continues to surface on my system. The restart fix above is not permanent in my case.
0
All Courses

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.