Ok, I have tried a million and one things to resolve this and I am out of things to try. Here is the situation.
We are running Exchange 2007 SP1 with about 35 users. This was a fresh install with no upgrading etc. When using outlook and searching the GAL, all the users are there except one. Her name is liz. Ok, so when you logon to OWA, her name shows in the GAL. If you use Outlook 2007 and search the GAL, her name is not to be found.
Now, if I take Cached mode off (which is not what we want in the long run since there are about 10 mobile users), she shows up. She also shows in the "All" contact list with no problems. As soon as you put cached mode back on, she dissappears.
I have force updated the GAL on the server and have "downloaded" the GAL in outlook using send recieve. No luck.
I have run a few commands in Exchange Management Shell that I forget which they were. No dice. If I find them I will post them.
Anyway, this user has been in the system for a few months so it's not a "waiting 24 hours for the GAL to update" issue. However, I did read a few articles that say, in short, that if you create a user, the email addresses in ADUC and Exchange have to match. She does have 2 email addresses. liz and elizabeth. When I created the user, I created her as elizabeth and gave her an extra email address of liz. I have tried changing it back to default of elizabeth with no luck.
I hope this make sense and look forward to any solutions that are possible!