Hello, I was hoping that someone here could recommend a solid mid-range home desktop computer for me. I have a monitor and printer; all I need is the computer itself. I mainly use the computer for E-mail/MS Office applications, tracking my finances, using music, etc., applications on my iPhone, burning CDs/DVDs, and the Internet. I have a few questions:
1. Which processor would you prefer -- AMD Athlon versus Intel Dual-Core?
2. What is the substantive difference between Dell's Inspiron and XPS series?
3. How can I transfer the songs, etc., on my iPod and iPhone without losing my rights to them?
4. What is the best home computer I can buy for $1,000?
5. Is there one brand name that you'd prefer over all others?
I understand that this is somewhat off-topic but my computer has been driving me nuts lately and I'm going to throw it out the window by the end of the week. Any advice you guys can give me in terms of buying a new home system would be great. Thanks.