Link to home
Start Free TrialLog in
Avatar of japato
japatoFlag for United States of America

asked on

Group Policy not installing IE7 package

Here is my layout. DC's are Server 2003 Std SP2. Clients are XP Pro SP2. All are on a local network/ WAN that is fast. Servers are on a different subnet as many of the PC's but some are on the same nsubnet.

Built an MSI for IE7 using IEAK for IE7. I created a deployment package in group policy specifically for the deployment of IE7 to my clients (300). The package install is listed in the machine part of a custom group policy for IE7 deployment. When the PC's boot up they don't see the instruction. I have done a gpupdate /target:computer /force in testing and still the PC's don't see the package for install. Any suggestions?
Avatar of Scott Anderson
Scott Anderson
Flag of United States of America image

Run either:   gpresult   or   rsop.msc   on a workstation and check out the results of your group policy assignments...  I'd suggest:   gpresult  > c:\gpresult.txt    It'll show you what policies are being blocked, filtered, etc...
Avatar of japato

ASKER

Attached is the results of your suggestion. I did relocate the PC into a testing OU with only the install applied in the GPO but the results of the run you suggested still display the recorded OU's associated and group policies associated. Is there a way to force the new OU and policy to apply. I tried the GP Update with a force and it doesn't know it is reassigned to a different OU with a different policy
gpresult.txt
ASKER CERTIFIED SOLUTION
Avatar of Scott Anderson
Scott Anderson
Flag of United States of America image

Link to home
membership
This solution is only available to members.
To access this solution, you must be a member of Experts Exchange.
Start Free Trial