i am having issues connecting to my Exchange server via RPC over HTTPS. This was working for over two years, and for some reason or another, it is now not authenticating clients trying to logon. They are repeatedly prompted for usaername and password. Things I have tested and verified:
1. OWA is working correctly. I can successfully authenticate and logon.
2. Browsing to HTTPS://DNS_Servername/rpc
in IE responds with "401.3 error message".
3. Permissions on the RPC virtual directory are set to Integrated and Basic only. Anonymous access is disabled.
4. The "Home Directory" tab, the directory is set to use the "DefaultAppPool" (whichwhich is greyed out) and is also set to Scripts and Executables.
5. Using RPCPING utility gives me the correct response using the following command line arguments:
"rpcping -t ncacn_http -s ExchServer -o RpcProxy=RPCProxyServer -P "user,domain,*" -I "user,domain,*" -H 2 -u 10 -a connect -F 3 -v 3 -E -R none"
RPCPinging proxy server SERVER_NAME with Echo Request Packet
Sending ping to server
Response from server received: 200
Pinging successfully completed in 1498 ms
6. I am using selfSSL for the certificate and have NEVER had an issue previously. I have recreated the cert more than 5 times now to no resolution.
So now I am at my wits end trying to resolve this issue. The server is configured as follows:
Windows SBS 2003 sp2
Exchange 2003 sp2
HP Proliant ML350
Xeon 3Ghz proc
2 GB Ram
Also using a Linksys Router for testing purposes.
Any more info needed please ask.
I am in a bind here so quick responses would be great.