troubleshooting Question

change the default response from "Send the response now" to "Don't send a response" on the dialog box presented when a user accepts an invitation to a meeting generated from Calendar in Outlook 2003.

Avatar of Halpinpartners
Halpinpartners asked on
ExchangeOutlook
3 Comments1 Solution1127 ViewsLast Modified:
We run Win 2K3 SBS Premium with Exchange 2003 SP2, a Win2K3 Std file server & 3 x Win 2K3 Std terminal servers. Users run Outlook 2003 only thru their TS sessions. When someone schedules a meeting using Calendar & Invites Attendees, we have a lot of users click on the OK button with the default "Send the response now" radio button pre-selected. This generates a lot of unnecessary traffic & requires double handling to delete the message when returned to the Meeting planner. Is there a way to change the default from "Send the response" to "Don't send the response", ideally using GP or a registry key?
We use the Calendar to advise the team of staff movements, system maintenance etc, as well as actual meetings and don't require acknowledgement for +75% of meetings or calendar events. I know I can set up a Rule in Outlook to auto-delete these responses, but we would probably need to see the responses to the other 25% of the messages. Thanks in advance for the help.
ASKER CERTIFIED SOLUTION
jazpuk

Our community of experts have been thoroughly vetted for their expertise and industry experience.

Join our community to see this answer!
Unlock 1 Answer and 3 Comments.
Start Free Trial
Learn from the best

Network and collaborate with thousands of CTOs, CISOs, and IT Pros rooting for you and your success.

Andrew Hancock - VMware vExpert
See if this solution works for you by signing up for a 7 day free trial.
Unlock 1 Answer and 3 Comments.
Try for 7 days

”The time we save is the biggest benefit of E-E to our team. What could take multiple guys 2 hours or more each to find is accessed in around 15 minutes on Experts Exchange.

-Mike Kapnisakis, Warner Bros