Outlook (2002) has suddenly stopped sending/receiving my e-mails. It was fine before the weekend and I have not altered anything. A system restore back to when it was OK, and a reinstallation of MS Office have not helped.
I am pretty much 100% sure my account settings in Outlook are fine (there are two - both for yahoo.com): they are the same as those I have always used. My e-mail, pop3 & smtp addresses are correct, as are my port settings (verified with yahoo). I have tried with and without SSL (changing ports as required), and the authentification box needed for Yahoo mail is checked. I tried both .com and .co.uk for the mail servers.
I also checked that I have all the shell folders in place in the registry (windows/current version) - and am now at a loss. I can't get Outlook Express to work either..
Contacted my ISP (BT) who spent an hour with me, with remote access to my PC, but they could find nothing wrong with the settings, so that was a waste of time.
I will attach screen shots showing settings and error messages when I try 'Test Account Settings', with and without SSL. If I try to send a real message within Outlook I am either told that it cannot connect to the server or that the server was found but there was nor response. And I get the dreaded @Enter Network Password' box up every 10 seconds..