I have created an HTA file that will do several things that I need it to do for me, but the first thing I need it to do is ping our core switch until it receives a reply.
"Why would it not immediately receive a reply?" you may be asking yourself...
We are deploying Cisco's Clean Access Appliance which will remediate the PC's until they are deemed compliant. With that said... back to the script...
SO my HTA will open a html window,
2) kill a couple of process' that need to be killed for the rest to work
3) run Ping against the core switch, and here in lies the issue...
I would like a VBS sub routine that will ping until reply is received
Once received, the rest of the HTA can proceed.
I have included my script, and have also tried to run the routine several ways.
1) within the VBS, it failed.
2) I tried to call the external vbs using objshell.run "cscript //nologo file.vbs",2,true <-- this never acted like it even ran.
3) I tried to call an exteral bat file using the objshell.run "path\file.bat" <-- again acted like it never ran the file.
within the VBS that is in the body of the HTA, a loop routine that pings until reply, and does not show a dos box. <-- very important. All I want on my screen is the HTA file.
Open in new window