Net4India PPPoE Static IP Connection and Linksys WRT54g
My friend has a Net4India connection and wants to set it up with a linksys WRT54g. His connection has a static ip, and he also has to loggin using the Net4India software. Anyway to set this up using a wrt54g? I couldn't figure it out.
The net4india LAN cable comes directly and is plugged into his comp's NIC. No modem or anything.
1. Connect the cable that is coming from Net4India to WAN port of the router
2. Login to Linksys Router and in the WAN setup select Static IP
Here put in the IP address that you use on your wan NIC on your PC.
3. Enable DHCP on the LAN and connect wired cable LAN to PC or if on WiFi simply connect to router
4. Now login to the internet using Net4India client
5. If your client has Mac address binding then you can also change the WAN mac address of Linksys router to that of your PC NIC.
Hope this works for you.