this is the 2nd time i'm experiencing this problem, and i can't for the death of me remember how i sorted it out on the 1st round a few years back - namely - lookout keeps losing its custom location for index files, and ignores any user settings that i try to enter in the settings tabs.
i've found the
C:\Documents and Settings\john doe\Local Settings\Application Data\Lookout Software\Lookout\Options.Outlook.xml
file that contains what i need to manipulate, but even if i restore a backup of this file & make it read-only the program still uses default settings from somewhere else, just compaining about the read-only.
and as far as i can see, lookout doesn't store anythinng of substance in the registry. but i am also wondering if this would have to do with an outlook user profile - it seems that something funky is going on with my custom forms as well.