I have set-up the SMTP service on my local development machine running WinXP Pro, SP3, VS2008, IIS 5.1.
1. I can see the service running in services
2. I can stop and restart the service
3. I cannot however connect to the server using telnet
1. I have McAfee Security Center running so I opened up the smtp port: No change.
2. I disabled McAfee completely: No Change.
3. I checked to see if Comcast has telnet blocked. Telnet to remote server: Successful
4. I've tried using IP address i.e. "telnet 184.108.40.206 25" (25 being the port number, and no quotes): Nothing
5. I've tried using 127.0.0.1 25: Nada, zip. zilch.
OK I give up. Little help?