Avatar of delerium62
delerium62Flag for Canada asked on

Outlook 2003 not showing all folders

Outlook 2003 appears to be hiding some folders: if a parent folder has sub-folders under it, when we expand the parent folder, not all of the sub-folders display. If we check Folder Size under the parent folder properties, all of the sub-folders are listed.

If we restart Outlook, all of the sub-folders will display; they are hidden again after using Outlook for any length of time. Office is up-to-date with SP3 and all updates. This is the only station of 12 that has this problem; all stations are configured the same way.

Avatar of undefined
Last Comment

8/22/2022 - Mon

If you Open Outlook in safe mode are they there?
Start>Run>outlook.exe /safe

A few Command line Switches that may help:
Start>Run>outlook.exe /resetnavpane
Start>Run>outlook.exe /resetfolders

More about Outlook 2003 command line switches:

Log in or sign up to see answer
Become an EE member today7-DAY FREE TRIAL
Members can start a 7-Day Free trial then enjoy unlimited access to the platform
Sign up - Free for 7 days
Learn why we charge membership fees
We get it - no one likes a content blocker. Take one extra minute and find out why we block content.
See how we're fighting big data
Not exactly the question you had in mind?
Sign up for an EE membership and get your own personalized solution. With an EE membership, you can ask unlimited troubleshooting, research, or opinion questions.
ask a question

I'll try you first suggestions, though it will take a few days since the workstation in question is in another location.

ScanPST was done on this workstation about a month ago.

No problem.

Was ScanPst used to try and resolve this issue, or ran for another reason.
Experts Exchange has (a) saved my job multiple times, (b) saved me hours, days, and even weeks of work, and often (c) makes me look like a superhero! This place is MAGIC!
Walt Forbes

No, scanpst was used to solve a different issue - if I remember correctly it was due to some performance issues.

Should have some results later this week since person using that workstation is on holidays at the moment, but will be returning tomorrow.

It's been about a week and no problems: did run scanpst again anyway and the user has archived a lot of their emails, etc., so somewhere between those two items, it seems to be working correctly. Thanks for all the suggestions - somehow I think I may have to revisit the issue again later (but you never know).