I have a problem caused by licensing and hardware compatablitiy that I need further assistance with.
Here's the skinny:
1. Installed new SBS 2003 server on Dell T105 hardware
2. Installed BackupExec 11d for SBS
3. Tried to get a Certance LTO-2 HH drive and adaptec scsi card to work in T105.
4. Discovered that SCSI Tape drives aren't supported on this hardware and can't be made to work.
5. Symantec support recommends moving BE to a different system.
6. Found that the SBS version of BackupExec won't install on anything but SBS.
7. Cross grading BE to the core version will cost almost $1000.
I'm trying to figure out the best way to back up this server to tape keeping my expeses to a minimum.