Okay, so I have always grouped my e-mails by subject, then sorted by date received, newest at the bottom. The way it worked was, all e-mails would be grouped by subject, and the subject group with the newest e-mail would be at the bottom. If a new e-mail came in with a given subject, that entire group of e-mails goes to the bottom.
Well today when I came back from getting coffee, my outlook view was completely jacked up. I've struggled for an HOUR to get it back how I had set it (many times before) to no avail. Even against better judgement, I did a system restore from 2 days ago. Didn't help.
Basically, when I go to Customize View and change "Group By" to subject, it groups them properly. However, it sorts alphabetically no matter what I select in "Sort By".
This is probably the most frustrating thing I've ever faced. My OCD is off the scale. A sysadmin should not be spending an hour on his outlook view. They're straightforward options: GROUP BY and SORT BY. A monkey should be able to figure this out.
Windows Vista SP1
Outlook 2007 SP1
(Oh look, an edit feature!)