I am managing 3 servers from 2 offices at different locations (cities).
1 office has
- 1 SBS 2003 Dell Poweredge 830. This has an external 250GB HD Book attached to it (Total data approx. 60GB)
- 1 Windows Server 2003 Poweredge 840 (Total data < 20 GB)
2nd office has:
- 1 SBS 2003 Poweredge 840, with external 250GB HD Book (Total data approx. 40GB)
Since these are small business, none have tech person onsite.
The backups that is being done is with the Backup tool from windows into the external HD. And it backups everything every day, including OS, and the external drive (don't know why) (Approx size of 1 is like 150GB)
- This system does not allow me (or dont know how to), run another backup for only some folders from one of the drives (which amount to those 60GB or less). I can only modify current backup setup.
I read similar questions and answers but I still have some questions on both HW and SW:
- Tape backup HW seems very expensive. I mean I think I saw one listed in Dell for like $3,000
- This ARCserve is only a software? and it costs like $700???
- Do I really need additional hardware or software, or what about those online backup sites
Please be detailed on what I would need to get, hardware and/or software and approx. how much would that cost.
- There should not be or avoid (onsite) user intervention. Some backup plans say something about take the copy offsite at the end of the week, but I cannot really trust on somebody to do this on the remote offices.
- Cost effective...meaning no more than $500