Hi, iam now on my Disaster Recovery module- "my favorite topic" Course 2400 Module 12.
To be exact, iam in Page 42 of Module 12 - Practice: Restoring Exchange Server Data
But this topic confuse me, i have my Virtual PC installed with 1 AD+exchange 2003, 1 XP client. Iam doing
a DR for my exchange but I didnt get the correct result base on the given procedure :(
PLEASE CORRECT ME IF MY PROCEDURE IS WRONG..
Objective: Restore user mailbox thru Recovery Storage Group
1. I performed an online backup on the Information Store
2. I delete 1 user mailbox- (to simulate the mailbox restore thru recovery storage group)
3. On the Database tab of Mailbox. i enabled the "This database can be overwritten by a restore"
4. Create Recovery Storage Group then I add the mailbox-- but when i mounted this mailbox, refresh, there is NO
user mailboxes listed! why?? :(
5. thru NTBackup, Objective: restore the backed-up mailbox.
5.1 I addressed the issue of Event ID: 9635
5.2 and follows the procedure listed in the module but nothing changed! appreciate your help on this.
I also seen and follow this procedure in youtube:)