Username / Password when connecting outlook 2007 to Exchange 2003
Posted on 2008-06-09
I have a similar problem as described below in a previous thread, however, it it slightly different.....
Windows 2003 R2 (SP2) x64 DC/TS with Office 2007 Enterprise VLK
Windows 2003 R2 (SP2) x86 Member Server Running Exchange 2003 Ent (Fully patched)
When I attempt to setup Outlook for ANY user, (in the Terminal Session)I follow the below steps:
1. Start outlook
2. Choose "Yes" at the opening Wizard screen to set up the account & Click Next
3. Discovery works fine.. finding the user details, Click Next
4. I am now presented with a Username\Password Dialog which will NOT authenticate regardless of credentials supplied (not even the master "Administrator" credentials)
5. If i Press Cancel (on the password dialog) I Get the error box "Outlook cannot log you on. Verify you are connected to the network and are using the proper server and mailbox name. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action." (Click the "OK:" button)
6. I am now presented with the "Check details dialog" asking for servername and mailbox for the user. Clicking "Check Name" will repeat the message received in step 5, then give me the message "The name cannot be resolved. The action could not be completed". and an "OK Button.
7. Clicking "Cancel" Dialog in 6, returns me to the wizard, which is now prompting for "E-mail Address", "Password", and "Re-Type Password" Nothing I enter here will change the end result, that Outlook will not start....
All machines are on the local network (and same subnet!). The same user can access Outlook 2007 from his Vista SP1 Workstation without issues.
Can someone please give me the solution to this? I am really stuck... and extremely frustrated!
TIA to all who help!
"We recently moved offices and during the transfer we also updating our thin client office applications from 2003 to Office 2007 professional plus VLK.
I installed office 2007 as a seperate installation without removing office 2003, however when trying to connect outlook 2007 to our excahnge server by entering the exchange server address and using "Check Name" i am presented with a username & password dialogue.
I enter my domain name, Username and password however the dialogue returns each time i submit the details.
Also when cancelling the dialogue i am presented with the following error:
"Outlook cannot log on. Verify you are connected to the network and using the propper server and mailbox name. The connection to microsoft exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action."
I have restarted the exchange server and unfortunatly this did not resolve the problem, i have also checked to make sure all of the services are running correctly on the exchange server and the only things of interest i can find are
"Microsoft Exchange Event" service is Manual and will not start.
"Exchange system manager>tools>>monitoring & status>>Status = Server Name = Default microsoft exchange services "Stopped".
however when you click on detail it lists all of the services in question and all are running.
I am not experienced with exchange so unfortunatly i am batting in the dark at this stage, any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.