Opinions on Watchguard x750e?
Posted on 2008-06-10
We are looking to replace our Pix 506e firewall with something that is:
1. Easier to manage (This is very important)
2. Offers High Availability
3. Multi-Wan Failover / Load Balancing
4. Site to Site VPN
5. Site to Site VPN Failover
6. Web Monitoring and Blocking
7. Automatic Intrusion Detection
8. Reporting Capabilities
9. For an SMB with less than 50 users
So far it looks like the Watchguard x750e fits the bill, but the reviews are very mixed. Some people love them, some people hate them. Also, a lot of them are a few years old, and it appears that during that time, Watchguard has gone through some major changes. Does anyone have any recent opinions on Watchguard products, Do you have any suggestions for equal or better products in the same price range? I am looking for a complete appliance with corporate support, so a build your own Linux distro with IpTables or something similar is not what I want!