I have an ASP.NET website I've built that streams a Crystal Report to pdf format and displays it. One of the fields in the Crystal Report uses a barcode font(3 of 9). If I open the report locally by itself, I see the barcode font. If I run the website locally from my development box, I see the barcode font. When I run the website from the server, I Do Not see the barcode font. The field is displayed as regular readable text. I've tripple checked to make sure the font is installed on the server.
So, a recap... I've got a crystal report that uses a barcode font. By itself, it works great. In my webpage I load the crystal report in code, export it to PDF format and stream it to the browser (Internet Explorer), which then displays the crystal report in pdf format via its Acrobat Reader plug-in.
The problem is that once it's displayed in this fashion... no more barcode.
Dim tmpReport As New CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument
Dim strFileName As String = Server.MapPath("~/TimeSheet.rpt")
Dim oStream As New MemoryStream
oStream = tmpReport.ExportToStream(ExportFormatType.PortableDocFormat)
Response.Buffer = True
Response.ContentType = "application/pdf"