I manage a company's exchange server, that until now has used GFI's pop2exchange to pop the mail in and a connector to send the mail to the isp's SMTP server.
Now they have finally upgraded the internet speed to something fast enough to support the email coming directly to the server, which we did about a month ago, and everything worked great.
Today, I deleted the connector to let the emails go straight out from the exchange server, which is working fine....
However, once I deleted the connector, i started getting all of the NDR reports that usually go to the administrator sent to me, which fowards them to my real email address.
I've checked the virtual SMTP server settings, there is nothing in there pointing to me.
I've checked all the settings in GFI mail essentials and did not find my user anywhere in there.
I logged into webmail as administrator, and the mail box is empty so it is not going there. (the administrator also has postamster@lwindows domain)
I created a postmaster@internetdomain
but all of the NDR reports still come to me when the spam came from a fake email address.