Go Premium for a chance to win a PS4. Enter to Win

x
  • Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 1688
  • Last Modified:

Blank emails when replying to calendar appointment requests

Hi Guys,

We're running exchange 2007 on a Windows Server 2003 box.  For the last 2 months we have had a problem of users receiving blank emails.  Nothing in the sender name, nothing in the subject or body.  Only a time stamp on when the email arrived.

Later, we realised that these were meeting request responses from our internal users.  So there would be times where you had people receiving 10 blank emails consecutively because they had just sent out a meeting request for 10 people.

We are running SP1 on exchange & all users are running the latest service packs, whether they're on Office 2003 or 2007.  The same thing also happens using OWA anyway.

Any suggestions ?
0
erhanb
Asked:
erhanb
  • 3
  • 2
  • 2
  • +3
1 Solution
 
greesh_hemCommented:
Is this issue happening with specific user who are sending the meeting requests.Check if there are any addins on the senders outlook and if so then disable them.

Check for any third party program that may be interfering with outlook and then try to start outlook in Safe mode and then send appointments to check if it works.
0
 
erhanbAuthor Commented:
it's happening on most users.  We have eliminated the possibility of it being caused by the outlook client as we have tried sending the appointment requests via OWA & it's still occuring.
0
 
erhanbAuthor Commented:
One more thing, if a user edits the response it gets through, it's only when a user accepts without sending a response.
0
Problems using Powershell and Active Directory?

Managing Active Directory does not always have to be complicated.  If you are spending more time trying instead of doing, then it's time to look at something else. For nearly 20 years, AD admins around the world have used one tool for day-to-day AD management: Hyena. Discover why

 
jimmypantsCommented:
I'm having the same issue.  It is only happening for users who have the blackberry desktop manager installed.

I cannot duplicate the issue on any other accounts when I try installing blackberry tools,and the issue still happens when sending the meeting request in Web Outlook.
0
 
erhanbAuthor Commented:
Solved the problem.  We updated the GFI spam software.  It was mail essentials attendant service which was causing the blank emails.  We also entertained the idea of it being a Blackberry related problem but couldn't find a correlation between BB users & non-BB users having the blank email problem.
0
 
LandhoCommented:
We're seeing a similar issue, researching your GFI solution now.  Thanks.
0
 
jimmypantsCommented:
updated gfi mailessentials to the most current version and this didn't work.
0
 
LandhoCommented:
We updated GFI, Version 20080508 to version 20080623, and this did not correct the issue.

0
 
jcp-itCommented:
Has this been resolved, because I am getting the same problem and I am using Windows 2008 with Exchange 2007 with GFI Mail Essential 12? Once a recipient accepts the appointment, the email returns as blank with the following header:

x-gfi-me-message-id: <770707070070707770@SERVER>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: test/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.0.6001.18000
---------------


Any ideas?
0
 
jcp-itCommented:
Solution: I spoke to GFI Support and they solved my problem. The solution was GFI was adding disclaimers to the Meeting request and Accept request. So, in my case my disclaimer was blank and it was interferring with the whole Accept Appointment Request process.
The following steps sugggested by GFI worked for me:

Step 1 Edit file the "product.config", located: c:\Program Files(x86)\GFI\MailEssentials\Data\
Add the following line <add key="DisableOLMeetingDisclaimer" value="1">, before the last line that says, </appsettings>. Now save it.

Step 2 Then Disable and re-enable the Transport Agents to make the changes take effect.
Open up Exchange Management Shell and then do the following:
a. Disable-TransportAgent
 - You can disable a transport agent using the command:
Disable-TransportAgent -Identity <AgentName> without <>
<AgentName> is the name of the agent to be disabled.
Example: Disable-TransportAgent -Identity GfiAsSmtpAgent
So:
Disable-TransportAgent -Identity GfiAsSmtpAgent
Disable-TransportAgent -Identity GfiAsRtRoutedAgent
Disable-TransportAgent -Identity GfiAsRtSubmittedAgent
Then Restart the MS Exchange Transport Services using service.msc

b. Enable-TransportAgent
- To enable a transport agent, use the command
Enable-TransportAgent -Identity <AgentName> without <>
Example: Enable-TransportAgent -Identity GfiAsSmtpAgent
The actual Agents are as follows-
 Enable-TransportAgent -Identity GfiAsSmtpAgent                                                                        
 Enable-TransportAgent -Identity GfiAsRtRoutedAgent
 Enable-TransportAgent -Identity GfiAsRtSubmittedAgent

Then Restart the MS Exchange Transport Services using service.msc

Now trying sending and accept and appointment request and all should be well.

0
 
rsdtechCommented:
The response from jcp-it was spot on.  I did exactly as described and the responses to meeting requests are now seen to the meeting organizers outside of my domain.

Thanks!!!
0

Featured Post

Get your Disaster Recovery as a Service basics

Disaster Recovery as a Service is one go-to solution that revolutionizes DR planning. Implementing DRaaS could be an efficient process, easily accessible to non-DR experts. Learn about monitoring, testing, executing failovers and failbacks to ensure a "healthy" DR environment.

  • 3
  • 2
  • 2
  • +3
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now