Diagnosing and Resolving ORA-4030 errors?
Posted on 2008-06-12
Could u please elaborate on Diagnosing and Resolving ORA-4030 errors?
ORA-04030: out of process memory when trying to allocate string bytes (string)
following r some of the detail that u may wanna know !
1 The O/S
(windows 2000 server)
2. Is this a 32-bit or 64-bit O/S?
( 32 bit)
3. If 64 bit, is this 32-bit or 64-bit Oracle?
4. How much RAM does the server have?
5. Do you have only one Oracle instance on the server or multiple instances?
6. Is this server dedicated to running Oracle, or does it have other tasks also (web server, file server, print server, etc.
7. What is the SGA size?
8. How much of the SGA is used for: buffer cache and how much for shared_pool?
db_block_buffers = 859MB
How many user sessions are/were connected when this happens/happened?
10. Do you use shared or dedicated user connections?
(Dedicated user connection)
11. What kind of application is this (OLTP, Data Warehouse, etc.)?
12. Does the application use bind variables in the SQL statements, or not?