I hate to be asking this question, but everytime I start reading the Swing It docs, I have only read the intro and the beginning parts of the program. Then I get distracted by something else that uses up days of my time before I can come back to it. Oh yeah, I'm to where it says I can start doing it right away, but it seems like there's more explanation before I can actually start. Now I really really have to start this fast and get it done fast. Here's some details:
1) I'm pretty good with WIndows Server 2003, Exchange 2003, and SBS 2003. But I'm by no means a guru - at least on the really technical stuff.
2) I need to migrate the AD user, computer, groups, and Exchange accounts. Not all accounts have Exchange, but will in the future,
3) I need the usual settings, files, folders, and shares migrated.
4) The new server has a RAID 0 (or 1 - I foget) intended for the OS only and a large RAID 5 array for data files.
5) I'm going to use Acronis True Image on the new server instead of Backup Exec.
6) I will be make changes after the migration to improve security, shares, folder layout, remote web access and remote Outlook. I don't know if that affects the migration for now, but I want to make sure I'm going to make some badly needed changes like this. Oh yeah, remote access is handled by a SonciWall 1260 Pro now - about 5 users.
7) The user accounts are stored on the current server only. When They log in, they authenticate to the server, there's not even a local account of any kind for the users' client machines.
8) I'll be setting up SharePoint server for remote users.
If you can just point me to the pages I need to start at to do the above, I'd appreciate it. Something like "Cliff Notes" would be great! I hate reading!
FYI: I have a company License Mode Swing It account.
Thanks, this is really important to get done ASAP! Today would be ideal!
Thanks again for any help you can offer!