I am trying to create a payroll / leave system in Filemaker. The objective is:
1. Get daily time & attendance data from bio metric machine from remote offices
2. Import the txt file to filemaker DB
3. Calculate employee salary based on a monthly payroll period
4. Have ability to print all employee payslips for a give payroll period in one hit
5. Export employee payroll list with salary amount as excel report for finance
6. Calculate employee absence data - link to online self service leave request application (Using Filemkaer API for PHP) where employees can request leave, have this approved by a manger and deduct from the employees remaining allowed days quota
Basically can anyone tell me a ER diagram of the correct database structure to achieve this, including links and calculations?? Or better yet has a working example of a filemaker payroll system to download??
I have attached the sample data from the time attendance machine to this post as well as my current database layout.
I am totally new to database stuff so any help will be greatly appreciated.
All the best,