1) I believe that DB2Connect is used to connect to host systems from non-host systems. Is this
correct? Is this the only way?
2) Does host systems mean only mainframes with AS/400, MVS, OS/2, OS/390 etc. as OS? Does
non-host systems mean mid-range AIX, IBM PC desktop UNIX, Solaris, Linux, laptops & palmtops?
3) What about apple-mcintosh & HP-UX? Is DB2 available and can we use DB2Connect to connect to
4) What about the other way round from host systems to non-host ones?
5) What about non-host ones to non-host ones? Is DB2Connect optional in this case?
6) When is a DB2Connect Server/Gateway used? What is the difference with & without it?
7) What is Data Distribution Facility(DDF)? Is this mainframe specific? How does it interact with DB2Connect gateway/client?