Updates messing up domain and permissions
Posted on 2008-06-16
I updated my server with a Windows Update; an old one that brought in IE7, i don't remember the KB number.
When the update was applied and the server came back up, I logged in with the computer admin account and tried to see if everything was OK and i kept getting permission errors. So, I logged out and tried to log into the domain's admin account and it wasn't there. When i didn't see the domain i immediately restarted the computer and the domain was back again.
I have never seen this happen and wanted to ask people hear if they have seen this happen before and what i should do next to make sure it doesn't happen again.