I need assistance in redeploying my Microsoft CRM 3.0 installation to a CRM 4.0 installation to a new server. My current environment is as follows:
- Win 2K3 sp1
- CRM 3.0 with update rollup 2
- SQL Server Reporting Server 2000 (for hosting CRM Reports)
- Win 2000 sp4
- SQL Server 2000 sp4 (default instance)
- Hosts "ReportServer" and "ReportServer_tempDB" databases for Reporting Services on App Server
- Hosts "CompanyName_METABASE" and "CompanyName_MSCRM" databases for CRM 3.0 application
My proposed environment:
- Win 2k3 with CRM 4.0 application
- SQL 2005 Ent cluster with sp1 instance (hosts other databases on this instance)
- SQL 2005 Reporting Services (want to have a separate install of Reporting Services that is used by CRM 4.0 to host reports, but also want to use this reporting server for other custom reporting)
Basically, I thought the first step would be to get my 2 databases "CompanyName_METABASE" and "CompanyName_MSCRM" onto my SQL 2005 server and use the "Deployment Manager" installed on CRM 3.0 server by default to "configure the SQL server" to the new Database server and instance. This seemed straight forward and I followed a MS article, but failed with authentication issues on the database after following article exactly.
My main aim is to get CRM 4.0 installed into my environment with a method that allows a good fallback option if required and to be able to get my existing data and customisations into the new CRM 4.0 installation.
Any assistance with regards to this process would be greatly appreciated.