I am using a third party EDI application and currently running it on my SQL server until I am ready to deploy it to a work station within the network.
I am suddenly getting the following connection error:
[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).] SQL Server does not exist or access denied 0 Connection
To date, I have had no issues connecting, either on the machine itself, or from within my network.
At first I thought it was the EDI app. Then I tried to create a new DSN on the server itself and got the same basic error.
Here are some details:
1. I can log into the SQL Mgmt Studio from the server itself. No trouble.
2. I can access the SQL DB via apps within the network. No trouble there either.
3. I have a remote ODBC SQL connection for Access from my home network. It works too.
4. SQL version is 2005
5. In the logs I did notice a few days ago the SQL port was being attacked. I just realized the firewall was set to port 1433 open to any IP. I just locked that down.
6. I also noticed that the EDI developer installed SQL Express, after I had installed SQL2005. I read this could be an issue but felt I may have been chasing my tail.
Anyway, I think I can end around this issue by installing the EDI program on a network workstation, where it will evenually need to be anyway.
But I am really concerned that there is a bigger issue here.